Fried eggplant with honey is a traditional Spanish tapa. It is really delicious, simple, and quick to make. The photo shows a version of fried eggplant with drizzled local honey, served over boiled potatoes and topped with toasted almonds. It is delicious!
Fried Eggplant with Honey Recipe
- 2 medium eggplants
- Milk for soaking
- Olive Oil for frying
- Honey or molasses
- First you must cut up the eggplant in rounds or stick shapes
- Next, the eggplant must be soaked in milk to take away the bitterness. Leave it covered in milk for about an hour.
- Strain the eggplant and dredge the slices in seasoned flour
- Heat the oil and fry the eggplant in batches
- Season the eggplant with salt and drizzle with your favorite honey
Enjoy your fried eggplant with honey!